We are pleased that you are interested in learning more about the Dart Foundation's mission and grant process. We strongly encourage you to review the following guidelines to help determine whether your project is a good fit with our areas of interest before submitting an application. Please view our recent Grantee Award List and read our recent Annual Reports for more information that might be helpful.
The Dart Foundation considers requests from tax qualified organizations for projects that support:
We prefer to see projects that:
The Dart Foundation will not consider requests for funding:
Grants are focused in the immediate vicinities of specific identified communities across the United States.
• CA: Corona and Lodi
• FL: Deerfield Beach, Plant City and Sarasota
• GA: Augusta, Conyers, Lithonia and Thomaston
• ID: Twin Falls
• IL: North Aurora, Urbana, and parts of Chicago; contact us for specific guidance in Chicago
• KY: Horse Cave and Owensboro
• MD: Federalsburg
• MI: Mid-Michigan; primarily in Ingham and Eaton Counties with limited grant-making in Clinton and Jackson Counties
• MS: Quitman
• NC: Randleman
• OK: Ada
• PA: Leola and Lancaster
• TX: Dallas and Waxahachie; contact us for specific guidance in Dallas
• WA: Tumwater
Decisions are made by our trustees on a quarterly basis. You will receive notification of their decision as soon as possible, generally within 8-10 weeks of our quarterly deadlines listed below. Please note that requests that exceed $5,000 may take additional time.
The Dart Foundation uses an online application and reporting process. Only applications submitted through our online system will be considered for funding. You will need to use either Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) or Google Chrome as your web browser to access our site.
We appreciate the resources that it requires to complete a grant application, and want to ensure that all organizations understand the Foundation’s grant guidelines and specific eligibility requirements before expending time on a request for funding. In addition to the specific requirements outlined above, please be advised that your grant must serve individuals in one of the above-stated communities AND must also be in a philanthropic area of interest funded by the Foundation in order to be considered.
If your request meets these requirements, we would encourage you to consider applying for a grant. Please note that we value your time and encourage you to contact us to obtain feedback on a particular project or funding request if you have questions.
Log in here to:
- Review your previous grant requests
- Submit your Letter of Agreement for a recently approved grant
- Submit your Grant Report for a completed project
- Complete an in-process grant request
- A project budget is generally required for all grant requests. View our budget template and guidelines.
If after fully reviewing our website you still have specific questions not contained on the site, contact us via our online portal.