We are pleased that you are interested in learning more about the Dart Foundation's mission and grant process. We strongly encourage you to review the following guidelines to help determine whether your project is a good fit with our areas of interest before submitting an application. Please view our recent Grantee Award List. Read our recent Annual Reports for more information that might be helpful.
The Dart Foundation considers requests from public schools and 501C3 organizations for projects that support:
Grants can be used for the following purposes:
We prefer to see projects that:
The Dart Foundation will not consider requests for funding:
Grants are focused in the immediate vicinities of specific identified communities across the United States.
• CA: Corona and Lodi
• FL: Deerfield Beach and Plant City and Sarasota
• GA: Augusta, Conyers, Lithonia and Thomaston
• ID: Twin Falls
• IL: North Aurora, Urbana, and some parts of Chicago
• KY: Horse Cave and Owensboro
• MD: Federalsburg
• MI: Mid-Michigan, specifically Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, and Jackson Counties
• MS: Quitman
• NC: Randleman
• OK: Ada
• PA: Leola and Lancaster
• TX: Dallas and Waxahachie
• WA: Tumwater
Decisions are made by our trustees on a quarterly basis. You will receive notification of their decision as soon as possible, generally within 8-10 weeks of our quarterly deadlines listed below. Please note that requests that exceed $5,000 may take additional time.
The Dart Foundation uses an online application and reporting process. If you believe that your project serves people located in one of the above-listed communities AND falls into one of our interest areas, you are encouraged to submit an application. You will need to use either Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) or GoogleChrome as your web browser to access our site.
To apply, please select:
1. A full application if your request is for over $5,000 or
2. An abbreviated form if your request is for an amount between $2,000 and $5,000
Log in here to:
- Review your previous grant requests
- Submit your Letter of Agreement for a recently approved grant
- Submit your Grant Report for a completed project
- Complete an in-process grant request
- A project budget is generally required for all grant requests. View our budget template and guidelines.
If after fully reviewing our website you still have specific questions not contained on the site, contact us via our online portal.